The other day we were asked the question, “What can you do to make P/O/N more remarkable?” The caveat was we had to fashion our answer around a random word. In this instance, the word was “playground”, and we had to do it in three minutes or less!
While my colleagues were coming up with great ideas like developing an online playground or fun activities, I immediately began thinking about what happens on a playground and how I could apply it to me. Here is what I came up with:
- Playgrounds are above all else SOCIAL. Our industry has expanded to include more social media, so I could contribute more to our website blogs, Twitter and Facebook pages.
- Playgrounds are FUN. I can look for ways to create more fun at the agency through special lunches, cookouts, etc.
- Playgrounds are PHYSICAL. I need to make sure I get plenty of sleep and exercise so I can be as sharp as possible on the job.
- Playgrounds create a LEARNING environment. I can continue to build on my skills in online media and analysis.
- Playgrounds can be CHALLENGING. I need to continue challenging the way I do my job and really think outside the box for my clients.
- Playgrounds can be INNOVATIVE. Be more innovative in my thinking and writing.
- Playgrounds can have MISHAPS. I can pay closer attention to details to keep mistakes to a minimum.
Did I leave anything out? Can you think of anything else that happens on the playground that you can use to make your company more remarkable? I’d love to hear them!