The Dayton Dialogue on Race Relations (DDRR) is a community initiative whose goal is to promote harmony and improve race relations in the greater Dayton and Miami Valley areas. The DDR does this by creating dialogues that promote an honest conversation on race and reconciliation in our community. These dialogues result in action plans developed to eradicate racism.
A number of partner organizations have given their time and attention to the promotion of this initiative, including P/O/N. Walter Ohlmann is a member of the DDRR board, and currently serves as Treasurer.
The generosity of our community – both in volunteer time and monetary donations – supports the DDR mission to reconcile racial divisions. The DDRR is a 501(c)(3) organization, which means all donations are tax deductible.
The DDRR also recommends some more personal ways that you can promote the DDRR’s mission:
- Take a personal inventory of your attitude about people of other racial, cultural and religious backgrounds: who might you reach out to?
- Host a dialogue group in your home or through your church or social club
- Review your personal priorities and use of resources
- Become involved with one of the organizations affiliated with DDRR
- Talk to others about becoming involved
- Invite a DDRR speaker to your place of worship or civic organization
- Organize a dialogue with a diverse group (call DDRR to assist in scheduling and facilitation)
- Get trained as a facilitator (call 937-333-1411 for details)
For more information about the DDRR visit http://daytondialogue.org