Our House: Remembering Jimmy Alexander

By: Rick Hamer, Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer

Jimmy Alexander started with P/O/N on August 4, 1986. During his years with us, he became an integral part of the P/O/N family. His music, smile, and freshly brewed coffee greeted everyone as they arrived for work each morning. His return in the afternoon to take mail to the post office signaled the end of the business day. He was always willing to help with whatever needed doing. His thoughtfulness and care for the entire staff sadly came to a close on February 27, 2004. Jimmy, we miss you.

Our agency suffered another great loss. Jim Sichman, a valued member of the P/O/N staff since October 1971, died in May after a valiant battle with his health.

He was creative, talented artist whose work has graced the halls of P/O/N for decades. His interests outside of work included restoring antiques – he had a passion for restoring classic Ford Thunderbirds and old-fashioned jukeboxes. He was most proud of his Wurlitzer with 78-rpm rock-and-roll records from the good old days.

Jim also enjoyed woodworking, and built some of the laminated furniture in the art department at P/O/N. He was handy at most repairs, and his physical challenges never deterred him from helping with any task.

He was usually one of the first into the office, and most likely one of the last to leave every evening. He often worked Saturdays as well. His positive spirit, hard-working nature, and willingness to help others will never be forgotten. All of us at P/O/N found true inspiration and a friend in Jim.

Penny Ohlmann Neimann

The Ohlmann Group has a rich history that began in Dayton, Ohio in 1949, where the agency was founded as Penny and Penny by Bob Penny and his wife Jean. In 1964, Walter Ohlmann joined the firm. Ralph Neiman came on in 1969 and the firm became Penny/Ohlmann/Neiman. In 2011, P/O/N was renamed The Ohlmann Group to better reflect the agency's ongoing evolution and collaborative nature.

Leave a Comment

The Ohlmann Group 1605 N. Main Street, Dayton, OH 45405 | (937) 278-0681