The award was one of six quarterly prizes announced yesterday by the City Beautiful Council.
Others went to:
- Commercial: Winters Bank and Trust company branch office at 633 Wayne Avenue.
- Industrial: United System corporation, 918 Woodley Road
- Tax Exempt: Addition to Wilbur Wright High school, 1361 East Huffman Avenue
- Special Renovation: Stockyards Inn, 1065 Springfield street
- Special landscaping: Ohio Appliance, Inc., 1611 Troy street
Walter Ohlmann, of Penny-Ohlmann, said the 5,600-square-foot building was gutted and then rebuilt. A new front was installed and a 20-car parking lot added on the north side of the building.
Renovation was completed Nov. 1. The building is occupied by Penny-Ohlmann, an advertising agency, and a commercial photographer.