We already talked about spring cleaning your brand’s website and social media presence. Now, in the final part of our “Spring Cleaning” series, we’re sharing tips to help you dust off your existing blog content and optimize it for your audience.
Spring Cleaning Your Content Marketing
If you already have several quality blog posts on your website, you don’t have to reinvent the wheel!
Here are a few interesting ways to recycle and repurpose your existing content:
- Breath new life into an older topic. Can you add more details or update the content in light of current events or changes in your industry?
- Create an e-book or downloadable guide. If you have 2 or 3 posts on a related topic, consider combining them into a longer piece that you can email to current customers or prospects.
- Repurpose formal white papers. Break up a longer piece into 2-3 shorter blog posts.
- Turn your best blogs into paid advertising. Create sponsored social media posts or use native advertising to place your content next to other articles or editorial content on websites.
- Highlight key points. Pull a few pertinent points from a blog post to create an infographic or short video.
- Use popular blog topics for inspiration on other channels. We’re talking podcasts, presentations/webinars, or even Facebook/Instagram Live Q&As!
Repackaging old content is a good idea, but it’s even better to follow a consistent content marketing schedule and publish fresh content. We recommend creating a monthly editorial calendar to help you stay on track and build a loyal audience.
Need topic ideas? Try expanding on answers from your FAQ page, searching for trending hashtags, or simply asking your readers what they want to learn by sending out a short survey.
If you need help spring cleaning your brand’s online presence, we’re happy to help! Let’s talk about web design and optimization, social media strategy, content marketing, and more.