Well, then consider your company’s approach to Mobile Marketing. Take a look at this interesting sampling of statistics I’ve gathered from the interweb about the rise of the Mobile Web:
– More than 87% of the world’s population now uses a mobile device.
– 20% of mobile phone users have made a purchase with their device.
– Smart phone sales rose 63.1 percent from 2010 to 2011.
– 77% of us use mobile phones for search.
– 95% of these searches are for local information
– 90% of mobile searches result in a consumer action
– 70% of mobile searches lead to action within an hour
– Mobile marketing is ramping up 8 times the speed of internet marketing.
– Mobile visits are expected to surpass visits from desktops in 2015 – perhaps as early as 2014.
– Mobile e-commerce revenue is projected to rise from 6 billion annually in 2011 to 31 billion in 2016.
And here’s the kicker:
– Up to 79 percent of large online retailers do not have sites optimized for mobile use.
Does your company have a mobile marketing strategy? Does your website provide a user-friendly mobile presence? Don’t miss the boat.
This is going to be a wild ride.